What is Rebirthing?
by Leonard Orr, Founder of Rebirthing Breathwork
For me Rebirthing has two main definitions:
1.) Rebirthing-Breathwork, aka Intuitive Energy Breathing or Conscious Energy Breathing, is the ability to breathe Energy as well as air. It is the art of learning to breathe from the Breath Itself. Rebirthing is perhaps the most valuable self-healing ability that humans can learn. We can not have disease and relaxation in the same space at the same time. Relaxation is the ultimate healer. Every breath induces relaxation. Therefore, breathing is the basic healer. Conscious Energy Breathing is the most natural healing ability of all. This ability involves merging the inhale with the exhale in a gentle relaxed rhythm in an intuitive way that floods the body with Divine Energy.
2.) Rebirthing also means to unravel the birth-death cycle and to incorporate the body and mind into the conscious Life of the Eternal Spirit – to become a conscious expression of the Eternal Spirit. This involves healing the eight biggies of human trauma, which are the birth trauma, the parental disapproval syndrome, specific negatives, the unconscious death urge, karma from past lives, the religion trauma, the school trauma, and senility, etc.
Rebirthing as I teach it is a very important spiritual work involving a series of Conscious Intuitive Energy Breathing cycles that give people more health, happiness, success, and peace of mind. Watching Divine Energy move in our own body and mind is very magical, mystical, and miraculous. I never cease to be amazed by this work because it is the essence of Life Itself. Most people learn Rebirthing – Conscious Breathing in a very high quality way by receiving 10 two hour private sessions from a well trained Rebirther Breathworker.
Benefits of Breathwork
* Reduces stress and increases energy, aliveness and sense of well-being
* Releases toxins from the cells of the body: 70% of toxins are released through the breath itself, so when you breathe more you release more!
* Allows old emotions, memories and past traumas to arise and release in a safe and gentle way
* Accesses and transforms the source of dis-ease by understanding the underlying thoughts and beliefs systems that attracted the dis-ease
* Unravels relationship/intimacy issues and supports one to embrace and heal old wounds of abandonment, loss and rejection
* Helps one to attract new relationships based on who one is now
Increases flow, ease, joy, and pleasure in life and relationships
* Accesses expanded states of consciousness, including higher guidance and clarity about one’s path and life purpose
* Supports the release of limiting thoughts, patterns and imprints from birth, childhood, and past lives
* Enhances creativity and expression
* Heals the wound of your imagined separation
* Increases one’s experience of inner peace & surrender
* Allows a feeling of being connected to, and caring for yourself, the earth, and all beings
* Transcends the mind and emotions and supports the awakening to the truth of who you really are
How is it done?
*You explore your issues with your Rebirther (30 to 50 minutes).
* You then begin the conscious breathing session which is usually done lying down. You learn to consciously connect your breath so that there are no pauses between the inhale and the exhale. The breathing is full and also relaxed. Slowly you are guided to find your own rhythm, probably slightly faster and fuller than you are used to.
* With your rebirther, you work with the material that surfaces.
* The breathing session lasts approximately 60 to 75 minutes.
* An integration phase of 10 to 15 minutes completes this part of the session.
* In total, a rebirthing session takes approximately 2 to
How does it work?
* The breath acts as a bridge between the conscious and unconscious, between the mind and the body. You can control your breathing consciously by, for example, pranayama breathing exercises, but if you don’t think about your breathing for a whole day, you still are breathing.
* Rebirthing works on the principle that there is a direct connection between mental and physical well being and the openness of the breathing. Relaxing and releasing the breath dissolves tension in both the body and the mind.
Through breathing continuously without break, your body takes in more oxygen than usual, which changes the CO2 level in your brain.
* You enter a self-induced trance state (a non-ordinary state of consciousness) where memories, pictures, emotions or body sensations can surface to be reviewed, released and integrated.
* The power of rebirthing is that in this state you are the experiencer as well as the observer of past incidents that may emerge, enabling you to release and re-interpret what happened in the past from a newly conscious and fresh perspective.
* Through conscious connected breathing you accumulate life force (prana, chi, ki) which starts to move freely through you body (experienced as tingling, energy rushes or waves).
* This loosens up stored blockages held in your four-body energy system (physical, emotional, mental and spiritual), thus working on all four levels at the same time.
* Experiences may vary every time. The spectrum of experiences range from physical sensations of pain or pleasure, release of body blockages through heat or energy movement to release of emotions (sadness, anger, etc.) There may be realisations of dysfunctional thought patterns or new thought connections and insights, and deeply spiritual or energetic experiences.
The Rebirther is your guide on the journey.
* She/he will skilfully manoeuvre you through the surfacing material, witness and validate your experiences, help you to stay present and maintain your mental clarity.
* The Rebirther needs to be professionally trained and experienced, as well as giving unconditional personal regard and being non-judgmental and compassionate.
* It is important that you feel comfortable with your Rebirther so we advise you to communicate with more than one practitioner until you find the person who feels right for you.
* Rebirthing has an innate self-regulatory mechanism. Whatever surfaces might be challenging for you, but is never more than can safely be integrated.
* You don’t necessarily have to understand or review certain incidents as pictures or thoughts to be able to release the charge around them as the whole process has its own innate intelligence.
The breath will bring up what is most important for you in this moment, enabling you to take your next steps towards becoming whole and happy.
Who does Rebirthing?
Rebirthing is a journey towards freedom. But the obstacles to freedom are many and varied and it is these obstacles that propel people into seeking rebirthing. They may include:
* relationship difficulties or patterns that keep repeating themselves in every relationship;
* not knowing who you are and what you want;
* not living up to your potential;
* feeling trapped in a way of being, stressed out by efforts to please others;
* job-related problems;
* anxiety, panic attacks, phobias;
* shyness and low self-esteem, lack of confidence;
* general unhappiness with what seems like every aspect of your life;
* an inability to feel;
* simply wanting to get to know yourself better and enjoy life more.
To get the most of the benefits of Rebirthing especially when working with deep seated traumas, it is recommended to attend a series of private sessions over a long period of time allowing integration time between each session, for example 10 – 20 sessions, which could be taken monthly or every couple of months.
My name is Paolo, I have been working with Yoga, Massage and Reiki healing since 2004 which I studied with various teachers in Thailand and India. I completed the month long training as a Professional Rebirther with the founder of Rebirthing International Leonard Orr in El Molino, Spain in August 2012.
I currently guide sessions Worldwide.
For details of where and when please check my events calendar on this page
You can contact for further information on +31 620636650
by email, email@example.com
or follow me on facebook, Rebirthing Scandinavia
The prices of the sessions:
Update: I no longer hold private sessions, the prices will be announced at each group event.
*bookings confirmed by a non refundable advance payment.